Telling a guy you like him when you're not sure if he likes you back can be scary, but other people have done it, and so can you. You can try to muster a little courage and come right out and tell him, or you can hint around and put the ball in his court. He might be feeling the same way you do but is also afraid to say it. After you break the ice, you may have taken the first step toward a new relationship.
Charge the battery on your phone. If the guy you like texts you back and you get into a heavy conversation, you don't want to lose him if the batteries go dead on your phone.
Make your text short and sweet. You don't know how busy the guy might be at the moment, and if you send him a long text, he might lose interest in it.
Send your text to the guy you like during the day. If you send it to him in the wee hours of the morning, he might be annoyed or you might appear desperate.
Ask the guy out on a date. Guys appreciate girls asking them out. Make sure he knows it's a date, and not just a friends' night out. Text something like, "Want to go out on a date Friday?"
Flirt with the guy to give him the hint that you like him. Compliment him when you're in a conversation with him. Tell him he has a great sense of humor, cute smile or bedroom eyes.
Be direct and tell the guy that you have had your eye on him for a while and you think he's cute. Alternatively, tell him that you would like to get to know him better. This puts the ball in his court.
View Singles Near You
- Stay cool if the guy does not text you back immediately. He might be in the middle of something and does not have time to look at your text yet. Do not text him to ask if he got your text.
- Don't make up your own abbreviations, or he might not know what you're talking about. Use standard text lingo if you need to save room.
- Don't send any nude pictures in a text message. No matter how much you trust the guy, you never know what might happen in the future.
- Be flirtatious, but don't make too many sexual innuendos, or he may think you are only interested in hooking up.
- Adam Gault/Digital Vision/Getty Images