Stay away from the person that is infatuated with you as much as possible.
If you go to the same school, walk the same way to school or have classes together, then try to stay far away. You don't have to be mean, but you can keep your distance. Also avoid talking to this person on the phone or on IM.
Send them a note saying that you just don't feel the same way about them.
Make it clear and get straight to the point without being too harsh or insulting.
Speak to the person directly and say that you want this infatuation to end.
Tell him you are not infatuated with him and that you never will be. Tell this person how you honestly feel about this obsessive love and make your arguments clear to him.
Tell the person that you have a girlfriend or boyfriend and you are not interested in being with anyone else.
Even if you have to lie about the girlfriend or boyfriend, it should create some more distance.
When all else fails, act coldly towards her and do not smile, talk with or do anything nice for this person. She will start to look at you in another way and most likely will move onto another person to obsess over.
- If this infatuation seems like it may turn into stalking, don't be afraid to ask for help.
- If you are friends with this person, then be aware that confrontation about this issue may end your friendship.
- How to Win Him Back if You Were Too Clingy
- How to Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings
- How to Win Him Back After Pushing Him Away
- How to Emotionally Distance Yourself in Preparation for a Breakup
- How to Apologize to a Boyfriend After Hurting His Feelings
- A Sweet Way to Tell a Girl to Come Over