Take a moment to determine your best qualities. What do you bring to the table in a relationship? Also figure out your deal-breakers, things that will sink the relationship no matter what.
Find a dating site that fits your needs. There are hundreds of sites specifically for online dating.
Sign up for a site by filling out the membership information. This will include things like your mailing address and e-mail address. Spread yourself around and cast your net widely so you are likely to catch at least one fish in the Internet sea.
Fill out a profile. When doing this, you will need pictures of yourself and a list of your interests.
Search other people's profiles. You can often narrow the number of profiles you look at by searching for specific criteria.
Chat online with your choices to create a short list of guys with potential.
Ask the guy to meet in person. Find a neutral, public spot. Let your friends and family know when and where you will be meeting.
Things You Will Need
- Internet connection
- You're going to hit a lot of duds, but keep at it. Remember how many resumés you sent out for the perfect job?
- Chat with a lot of guys. This is a chance to play the field more than you might have let yourself in the past.
- Be honest about who you are and what you want.
- Post photos that make you look good. Make sure they are current pictures that portray you in a positive light.
- Ask questions. People love to talk about themselves
- Do not agree to meet with a person until you know exactly who he is.
- Tell your friends and family when and where you will meet the person for the first time and approximately when the date should end. Report in afterwards.
- Be aware of the dating service's guidelines about confidentiality.