Ask yourself if she makes you feel comfortable. If your girlfriend makes you feel perfectly relaxed being yourself, then you have a strong bond. If you can speak freely and openly with her without any fear of judgment (and vice versa), then she likely is "the one" for you.
Determine whether you have a lot of things in common. If you and your girlfriend enjoy doing similar things, then you likely have a strong connection that can lead to longevity and relationship satisfaction. This can range from broad things such as enjoying watching movies on weekend nights to more unusual things, such as both of you having an obsession with astronomy.
Consider if she feels familiar to you. If you and your girlfriend have an intense bond, you may feel like you've always known one another. If from the moment you met you sensed a strong familiarity and security with your girlfriend, you have a strong connection that you might not easily put into words.
Consider your viewpoints on life. If you and your girlfriend are made for each other, you probably share similar (or close) opinions on the big issues in life, from how to raise children and politics to your goals and ambitions and where you want to eventually live.
Notice whether she is sensitive to you. Good relationships are supposed to be nurturing, supportive and empathetic situations. If you believe wholeheartedly that your girlfriend truly cares about your well-being and happiness and is in tune with how you feel, then she probably is your soul mate. If she can finish your sentences and practically read your mind, then your connection is very strong.
Ask yourself if she is loyal and has a teamwork attitude with you. If your girlfriend is willing to tough it out with you in the most difficult and stressful moments of your life, you have a real connection. Laughing is easy in the good times, but the truth comes out when times are hard.
Consider whether you trust what she says. If you and your girlfriend have an honest and trusting relationship based on strong mutual respect, then you truly connect with and understand each other. Relationships characterized by frequent misunderstandings, suspicions, doubt and deception rarely work.
- Sometimes a romantic connection is just a feeling that you have that you cannot describe. You simply know it and it is unlike anything you have ever felt before. Ask yourself if your girlfriend gives you that unexplainable special feeling -- and if your first response is no, she probably doesn't.
- How to Begin to Trust a Person Again After They Have Hurt You a Lot of Times
- How to know when you are in a healthy relationship
- How to Tell If the Relationship Won't Last
- How to Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings
- How to Deal With Love Feelings for Someone
- How to Recover From Infidelity & Survive a Breakup