Shop. The day before your romantic dinner buy all of the ingredients you need to prepare your meal. Also pick up a bottle or two of your favorite wine or beverage. The day of your dinner, pick up some fresh flowers to use as a centerpiece.
Prepare the meal. If your meal requires a lot of preparation make sure most of it is done before your mate gets home. Plan the meal so that you can relax and spend time with your mate, not sweating in the kitchen.
Set the mood. The goal for your romantic dinner is to make your home feel like a fine restaurant. Place a freshly ironed tablecloth, fresh flowers, and candles on your dining table. Place a few candles around the room as well. Have music playing softly in the background. Do whatever it takes to set the mood for a romantic dinner at home.
Relax and unwind. All of your preparations are finished and the house looks perfect. Plan ahead so that you have enough time to pamper yourself a bit. Take a nice hot bath, do your nails, give yourself a facial. Relax and rejuvenate. Think romantic thoughts about your mate. Prepare your mind for a romantic dinner at home.
Greet your mate. The candles are lit and the music is playing. Your mate finally walks through the door. Greet her with a kiss and a glass of wine. Lead her to the couch where you have a nice chat about her day. Relax and enjoy each other's company before dinner.
Serve dinner. After you have talked for a bit, it's time to serve dinner. The lights are low, the music is playing softly and dinner is ready. Make sure you spend as much time as possible looking into your mate's eyes, focusing on him. A romantic dinner at home is much more than eating food, it's about drawing closer to each other in an intimate way. Enjoy!
Things You Will Need
- Ingredients For Dinner
- Wine or Favorite Beverage
- Table Linens
- If possible, get ready for your dinner while your partner is away to maintain an element of surprise and romance.
- Choose a meal that is easy to prepare, but sensual and stunning. Sautéed scallops and a fresh vinaigrette salad served with drawn butter is simple and quick, but very elegant. Use your imagination.
- If you have children, make sure you have someone who will take them for the evening. Trying to have a romantic dinner at home with children in the house usually doesn't turn out well.
- Sometimes your romantic dinner doesn't turn out as planned. Remember the goal is to have a special time with your mate. If he wants to take your dinner plans in a different direction, go with the flow. Don't let your romantic dinner turn into a lovers' quarrel!