Take care of the details that can prevent you from having a great evening.
Get a babysitter for the kids, make certain that you and your loved one have the night off, buy some candles and pick some romantic music.
Decide what you want to cook for dinner and create shopping list.
Consider what foods your partner or spouse likes and then create a menu based on this. This is not the time to try to cook anything new or elaborate. Stick with what your partner likes and you will be successful. Don't forget to add wine to the list or even champagne if you are celebrating a special occasion.
Keeping the menu simple will give you time to spend with your loved one in between courses.
Start with an appetizer which could be something as easy as a salad, baked brie and crackers or something else that you have prepared ahead of time. Any entree that is baked is always a good idea because it can finish cooking while the appetizer is being served. Don't forget the dessert. Something as simple a fresh fruit topped with whipped cream is amazing.
Set the table.
Find a nice tablecloth and spread it out over the table. Use the wedding china or the nicest dishes that you have. Use enough silverware for every course so that you are not going to the kitchen for everything. Set out whatever serving utensils you will need as well. Place water and wine glasses out. Pattern your table after that of your favorite romantic restaurant. Use candles and flowers to decorate.
Turn on the music, light the candles, open the wine and you are ready to serve the food.
Your romantic dinner can begin!
Things You Will Need
- Favorite food
- Consider getting dressed up. Even if you are at home this does not mean that you cannot wear your finest clothes.
- Go to a movie or a concert after dinner to continue the evening.
- The romantic glow of candlelight can really set the tone for the evening so light the candles before your spouse comes into the room and dim the lights.
- If you love to cook, consider cooking a themed dinner with multiple courses.
- Be careful not to eat so much food that you are lethargic or your romantic evening will quickly end.
- If you decide to order in and pass it off as your own, throw all of the evidence away so that it will never be found and place everything into your own containers.
- Take into account any food allergies you or your partner may have.