Ready to run a new guy through the gaydar test? First try to make eye contact with him. Catch his gaze whenever you can and see how he reacts to it. If he seems odd or funny, back off and give him some space.
If step one produces good results, try this. Brush against him accidently or as you're speaking with him, casually touch is arm or shoulder. See if he tenses up or if he seems okay with it. Take it slow but if he seems okay with touching, take it a bit farther and become more "touchy" with him. Again, if he recoils, he is either straight or shy. Err on the side of straight.
Want to know the best way to put this to bed? If after a time he is okay with eye contact and an occasional touch....tell him you're gay. See how he responds. If he's cool with it, take it a step farther and ask if he is gay or straight. Either answer he gives will tell you a lot about his personality. It's up to you to accept that he may or may not be into you. But you'll never know if you don't try.
Things You Will Need
- You're not a mind reader, don't try to be one.
- Don't make assumptions but go with your gut feeling. If he seems slightly interested, take the next step.
- Patience and objectivity. Don't read too deeply into his body language, but be very aware of it because you can learn a lot!
- Don't push your sexual preference on anyone. Take things slow and be respectful of straight people and their beliefs.
- Don't come off gross or desparate. Guys hate that!
- Be careful trying to get to know guys who may have homophobic tendencies. For your own safety, proceed with care and respect!