Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Epsom salts first, which relax tired, achy muscles; next, baking soda, which relaxes the body and soothes the skin. Lavender oil is used in aromatherapy to relax the mind and calm the spirit. Cinnamon and patchouli oils are considered mild aphrodisiacs. Cinnamon and nutmeg evoke feelings of warmth and bring out the sensual side of your nature. Stir all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until well mixed. This is enough for one bath. More can be made and sealed in a jar, wooden box or zip-lock bag for later use.
Run very warm water into the tub. Shake the bath blend into the water, under the running faucet. Swish with your free hand as you add the bath blend mixture. This will help dissolve the salt and powder.
Lie back in the tub to relax and soak. The ingredients will put you in a romantic mood. The warm scents of the essential oils will help put your partner in a romantic mood as well.
Things You Will Need
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 2 drops patchouli essential oil
- 1 quart bowl
- Ylang ylang, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli and ginger essential oils also make a sensual blend. These oils are mild aphrodisiacs that promote relaxation.
- Soaking in the romantic bath blend with your partner will enhance the effect of a romantic mood.
- According to the depression guide website, cinnamon may help with impotence.
- Pregnant women should not use essential oils without consulting a physician. Some oils may promote uterine contractions.