Love yourself - and show it, using body language: Sit up straight, make eye contact and shake hands firmly.
There's nothing sexier than self-confidence.
Again, here's where body language can help - face the person with your arms uncrossed, make eye contact and smile with sincerity.
Plant some romantic seeds - put the idea of romance in his or her head without being too obvious.
For instance, do thoughtful things for your soon-to-be suitor to show that you are going out of your way for him or her; listen with your whole heart when he or she speaks - there is nothing more romantic than to feel someone is really hearing you.
Create opportunities for a romantic interlude.
These can be either subtle ("I heard that movie got great reviews. We should really go see it sometime. ") or much more blatant ("Can I cook for you sometime?")
Don't be afraid to make the initial contact.
Sometimes, all the other person needs is the green light.
Be yourself, and take pride in your individuality.
If the other person doesn't appreciate it, you definitely deserve better.
- Be a friend first and spend some time together.
- If your self-confidence needs a little boost, indulge yourself with a makeover or a visit to a day spa; spend some time alone doing something that you're good at; smile often and work on your posture (both of these can affect your mood).
- Focus on other things to avoid becoming obsessed - and to show yourself and your potential suitor that you have other interests and talents.
- Be patient - being pushy or needy is likely to get you the opposite response from the one you're after.
- Don't waste your valuable time and energy on someone who is clearly unavailable. Does the person's body language make him or her unapproachable? Perhaps he or she does not want to be pursued in the first place.